Research Fellow, CASAS Global
Education and Languages
PhD in Science, Facultes Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur (Highest honors)
MA in Philosophy of Science, UCL, Belgium
Master in Ethics, JSTB, Berkeley, California
Postdoctoral studies – University of California, Berkeley, California
French, Dutch, English
Expertise & Research Interests
Agro-ecosystems analysis, IPM-biological control, population ecology, carnivore-plant-herbivore interactions, tritrophic modeling, GIS, transgenic crops, ethics and culture, social ethics, globalization, environmental ethics
- Studies on social ethics, globalization, and environmental ethics in West Africa and India
- Design of population dynamic models in Biology
- GIS-based software in C++ for extensive water farming system (in North California) based on plant water demand and weather data
- Software used by the National Fish and Wildlife Association
- Field research on Farm Fish Culture, Center of Fish Culture, Cotonou, Benin
d’Oultremont, T., and A.P. Gutierrez. 2002. A multitrophic model of a rice-fish agroecosystem: II. Linking the flooded rice-fishpond systems. Ecological Modelling 155 (2-3):159 -176.
Gutierrez, A. P., L. Ponti, C.K. Ellis, and T. d’Oultremont. 2006. Analysis of climate effects on agricultural systems: A report to the Governor of California. Link.
Gutierrez, A.P., C.K. Ellis, T. d’Oultremont, and L. Ponti. 2006. Climatic limits of pink bollworm in Arizona and California: effects of climate warming. Acta Oecologica 30: 353-364.
Gutierrez, A. P., L. Ponti, C. K. Ellis, and T. d’Oultremont. 2008. Climatic change effects on tritrophic systems. Climatic Change 87: 167-192.