CASAS Global Research Fellows have experience in the following areas relevant to the development of sustainability of agro-ecosystems:
- Environmental, social and economic capital management strategies for poverty alleviation and human health improvement;
- Prevention and control of arthropod-transmitted diseases in livestock (tick-borne diseases, tsetse-trypanosomiasis) and humans (malaria, sleeping sickness);
- Design and implementation of community-based adaptive ecosocial system management scheme for sustainable rural development including intensive biofarming, habitat restoration, food security, cooperative enterprises;
- Bio-economic modeling and analysis of the evolving eco-social systems;
- Development and implementation of multidimensional assessment schemes for agricultural sustainability.